Happy Monday! We’re back again with 10 factors! So, the initially 10 random stream of consciousness points as they occur to thoughts today–ready–go!
10 Matters 10.31
1. We’re heading trick or dealing with with close friends tonight!
(Our 1st time trick or dealing with, certainly June was also young last yr!) Not certain if the rain will maintain off or how extensive we will previous. June has both equally a bat and a bunny costume–here’s a image of her bat costume previously mentioned. 🥰 We may possibly improve into the bunny later–we shall see!
2. A sweet mate dropped off two candles from this neighborhood Chicago candle corporation (she’s on Etsy!) as a gift–the “Midwest” (like a pumpkin-y vanilla scent) and “Provence” (amber + lavender) and they smell Wonderful.
They are nontoxic designed of coconut wax and $30 each and every. I like them. Thank you, Deb! Also, you should abide by Deb’s property Instagram account–it’s SO attractive!
3. On getting a mother or father and travel:
I have traveled really a little bit with out June because getting a mother and was reminded of one particular of the finest parts of being a mother or father returning dwelling from Lisbon: you’re never unfortunate to come household from holiday vacation any more. As a person who would often get sad at the tail-conclude of a trip because it was practically over, it is truly nice to be equally as fired up to come property to see your little one as you were to go on holiday in the 1st put!
4. Speaking of, I know I just got property but the impending drizzly climate has me itching to approach a journey to Florida.
We generally always go to Ft. Lauderdale and hoping to sneak down there at least after ahead of our excursion in the spring. We’re organizing to do the similar factor we did previous yr in leasing a buddies rental for the month of March (splitting time with Neal’s parents—so we’d take two weeks and they’ll acquire two weeks or something together these strains). Fingers crossed we can get there in December or January although. (FYI, the Hilton suitable on the beach front is very family members welcoming, we’ve stayed there a few occasions!)
5. 1 of my favorite meals in Lisbon was this Greek restaurant that has me craving Greek meals, so Greek rooster bowls have been in the rotation a whole lot these days!
June enjoys them far too! (Perfectly, minus the salad part. I just cannot say she’s massive on salad.)
6. Talking of Mediterranean foods, I went to Lyra for dinner a number of weeks ago with girlfriends and it was so fantastic.
Extremely remarkably advise if you are searching for a terrific place in the west loop. Its extremely energetic and enjoyment environment and I assume it would be excellent for a day. There is a wine and piano bar down the street named Grapes & Grains that would be excellent for a nightcap!
7. Talking of good dining establishments, I’m dying to get again to Armitage Alehouse.
Neal has not been nevertheless (I have only been at the time) but it is SO cool—the decor is like a attractive aged English pub with elevated Indian fusion foodstuff.
8. Did you see Blondo arrived out with the Sierra boot in a stunning darkish chocolate brown? 👀
Chocolate brown watertight suede tremendous cozy tall boots Yes Make sure you. (I obtain them TTS. Certainly the biggest boots!) Also, I just recognized Tuckernuck carries the Velma (really related version, I have owned both equally about the decades) in chestnut tan!
9. My project for this week:
I purchased a bunch of classic South Shore Line posters for our hallway, and I will need to get them hung! The South Shore Line is the prepare that runs from Chicago to Northwest Indiana (such as Beverly Shores, where Neal’s family’s lake dwelling is!) and they established a bunch of posters to encourage tourism back again in the 1920’s. There are a lot of definitely awesome ones and I imagined it would be a fantastic use of the extremely blank place in our lengthy narrow hallway! (Ultimately acquiring art on the partitions, you know, 6 many years later on.)
10. Previous Navy arrived out with new “Built in Warm” jeans!!!
And they are 30% off ideal now! I Stay in these jeans throughout the coldest wintertime months–they’re lined with a lightweight fleecy substance and are so a lot hotter than normal trousers, but they don’t make you overheat within! I have two of their Rockstar skinny types (which are terrific for tall boots) but I just ordered a few of their straight leg models to check out, way too.